Is dandruff causes hair loss
Do you really want to know is dandruff causes hair loss? or how to get rid of dandruff and hair loss then let’s talk about this.
Dandruff itself doesn’t cause hair loss, but the 2 could also be linked. this is often because some infections and medical conditions can cause both dandruff and hair loss.
Dandruff is extremely common. People with dandruff and dandruff-like symptoms might lose hair, especially if the dandruff is severe.
The explanation for the hair loss isn’t the dandruff itself. Instead, it’s the explanation for the dandruff that also results in hair loss.
That said, severe dandruff may damage the scalp or hair follicles, causing hair to thin or stop growing.
Anyone who suspects that dandruff is causing hair loss should see a dermatologist to make sure that the matter isn’t something else.
Is dandruff cause hair loss?
Certain medical conditions can cause both dandruff and hair loss.
Dandruff refers to the dry, itchy flakes of skin that develop on the scalp. it’s a symbol , not a selected diagnosis.
Many factors can cause dandruff, like dry skin, diet, stress, and a few shampoos and hair products.
Dandruff itself doesn’t cause hair loss. However, severe dandruff can cause an individual to scratch their scalp so hard that they injure it.
Repeated inflammation within the hair follicles can cause damage and scarring, slowing or stopping hair growth. this will cause weak or thinning hair. Twisting the hair, aggressively brushing it, or scratching the scalp may make this sort of hair loss worse.
Some medical conditions also can cause dandruff or flaky skin on the scalp, including seborrheic eczema , eczema, scalp psoriasis, and scalp ringworm. a number of these conditions also are related to hair loss.
How to get rid of dandruff and hair loss?
Any condition that causes skin flakiness or makes the outer layer of skin shed at a strangely fast rate may cause dandruff.
If an individual doesn’t seek treatment, these conditions can also damage the scalp and cause hair loss.
The following conditions can cause both dandruff and hair loss:
- tinea , or ringworm, can cause intense itching on the scalp. Some people also notice dry flakes or blisters, and therefore the hair may fall call at clumps. another fungal infections also can cause dandruff symptoms and cause hair loss. Antifungal treatments can help treat these conditions.
- Psoriasis may be a sort of autoimmune condition which will affect the scalp, causing itchy, scaly patches to develop. Although it’s not dandruff, it causes dandruff-like symptoms. an individual may notice bald spots where the scaly patches develop.
- This rare inflammatory condition destroys hair follicles. It also causes itchy red patches to develop on the scalp. an individual might imagine that they need dandruff due to the itching that this condition causes.
- More common in women, lichen planopilaris causes a dry, flaky rash to develop on the scalp. It also can cause the hair to fall call at clumps. Dandruff treatments won’t treat this condition, but the symptoms are almost like those of dandruff.
- seborrheic eczema can affect any a part of the body. It commonly affects the scalp, where it’s going to cause a red or grayish scaly rash that itches, also as greasy patches. Left untreated, it’s going to damage the hair follicles. Aggressively scratching the world may intensify the damage.
Any condition that causes the scalp to itch or burn may cause hair loss when an individual scratches their scalp or twists their hair.
In people with both dandruff and hair loss, there’s no guarantee that the 2 are linked. Some people may have dandruff, perhaps thanks to dry skin, also as a condition that causes hair loss such as: male pattern baldness, a hormonal sort of hair loss that both men and ladies can develop
telogen effluvium, a kind of hair loss caused by infection, injury, or stress
alopecia areata, an autoimmune condition
inflammation or scarring of the scalp
- People with a history of dandruff may experience occasional flares of dandruff, even after successfully treating it.
- The following are some strategies which will prevent dandruff-related hair loss:
- 1. See a dermatologist or other healthcare provider for dandruff that doesn’t answer dandruff shampoo or other treatments.
- 2. If the hair comes call at clumps, see a doctor, as this might signal another scalp or hair issue.
- 3. Shampoo the hair regularly. Infrequent washing may increase the danger of dandruff. The American Academy of Dermatology recommend that Caucasian and Asian people wash their hair daily, which African American people wash their hair weekly.
- 4 . Carefully follow the instructions on the bottle of dandruff shampoo. Some shampoos may have to stay on the scalp for several minutes to be effective.
- 5. Avoid aggressively brushing or twisting the hair and massaging or scratching the scalp. If the itching is unbearable, ask a healthcare provider about medication to assist with itching.
- 6. Avoid very tight hairstyles. These may damage the scalp and hair follicles, slowing hair growth. Tight hairstyles can also break the hair.
- 7. Do not delay dandruff treatment. Use a dandruff shampoo at the primary sign of dandruff and seek medical advice if symptoms don’t improve within every week or two.
- Some people may find that their dandruff shampoo leaves the hair dull or dry. Dry, damaged hair breaks more easily and should fall out. Use a top quality conditioner after dandruff treatment.
- If the damage persists, try alternating dandruff shampoo with another shampoo. that’s how you can get rid of dandruff and hair loss.